Recently the CCAP SMART Centre and Temwa, together with two Virginia Tech students, visited Usisya for a half year follow-up survey of the Try and Buy filter pilot. The survey has generated some exciting and interesting results on the adoption rate, the willingness to pay for filters as well as health effects of using the filter.
- Off the households that collected the filter, 98% decided to keep the filter and pay for it after the Trial period has ended.
- At least 80% of the households use the filter all the time.
- Almost 90% of the households reported a drop in the frequency of diarrhea after they started using the filter.
- Improved health, ease to use, taste & appearance of the water were key factors for households to decide to purchase the filter.
- Over 95% of the users was able to demonstrate how to properly clean the filter.
Based on the findings a report has been written which can be downloaded through the link below: